Neuropathy Quick Facts:
- Neuropathy destroys nerves and causes numbness, pain, weakness and balance problems
- Neuropathy and peripheral neuropathy mean the same thing
- The feet, toes, legs, fingers and hands are the top areas neuropathy affects
- The root cause of neuropathy is a lack of blood flow to the nerves
- Diabetes is the #1 cause of neuropathy
What Needs to be Done to Reverse Neuropathy?
Research shows that neuropathy is caused by a lack of blood flow to the nerves. Because of this, specific treatments have been developed to target the root cause and effectively reverse neuropathy in most cases which includes:
- Restoring blood flow to the nerves
- “Waking up” the nerves by stimulating them
- Turning off the pain signals from the nerves to the brain
When these three things are done, nerves can heal. It was once thought that once nerves died they could not be regrown, but this is no longer the case. Nerves do regrow, they just need blood flow, stimulation and re-education which allows them to stop sending pain signals and start sending normal feeling signals.
How Conventional Medicine for Neuropathy is Designed to Fail
Medical doctors typically treat the symptoms of neuropathy and not the underlying cause of neuropathy. No drugs exist that truly treat neuropathy. Instead, medical doctors prescribe antidepressants and anti-seizure medications that only treat the symptoms of neuropathy such as Neurontin, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, and Amitriptyline. Naturopathic Medical Doctors are trained to take a different approach.
Why Our Neuropathy Treatment Approach Actually Works
Naturopathic Medical Doctors begin by identifying the reasons your nerves aren’t receiving blood flow. After determining the root cause of your neuropathy, NMD’s can employ treatments to help reverse your neuropathy, including:
- Diet plans to help reverse diabetes or any other underlying health conditions
- Supplementation to increase blood flow to nerves, help repair nerve damage, balance any nutrient deficiencies that could be contributing to your neuropathy
- Shockwave therapy and Acupuncture to increase blood flow to the nerves.
By addressing the underlying roadblocks and or deficiencies that are causing neuropathy, we help the body to start healing itself. The solution is simple if you take the right, research-backed steps that we provide for you.