We provide Chiropractic, Acupuncture, and Massage Therapy when authorized through the VA Community Care Program (formerly the Veterans Choice Program). Veterans must obtain an authorization directly from their VA provider. Be sure to ask for a specific referral to our office when getting an authorization. Our NPI Number is 1144222019.
Our office is covered under the following VA authorizations:
1. Chiropractic Authorization
2. Acupuncture Authorization
3. Pain Management Authorization
Massage therapy is a covered service under all three types of authorizations. However, Dr. Brown can order x-ray and MRI imaging only under the Chiropractic and Pain Management authorizations.
The new Eligibility Criteria make it easier for Veterans to get an authorization for care in our office. Veterans can now be eligible for the program regardless of distance or average drive time criteria. Please see the enclosed handout, with attention to Eligibility Criteria #5. Authorizations can now be issued when it is the Veteran’s best medical interest, regardless of any other criteria. A Veteran may now be referred to a community provider when the Veteran and the referring clinician agree that it is in their best medical interest to see a community provider. Many VA providers are still unaware of the new Eligibility Criteria, Veterans can contact our office for a copy of the new Eligibility Criteria for their VA provider.
1. Veteran needs a service not available at a VA medical facility.
2. Veteran lives in a U.S. state/territory without a full-service VA medical facility.
3. Veteran qualifies under the “Grandfather” provision related to distance eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program.
4. VA cannot furnish care within certain designated access standards.
5. It is in the Veteran’s best medical interest. In this situation, a Veteran may be referred to a community provider when the Veteran and the referring clinician agree that it is in their best medical interest to see a community provider.
6. VA service line does not meet certain quality standards.
PTSD Treatment with Alpha-Stim AID Technology
Veterans suffering from anxiety, insomnia and depression as a result of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) often benefit from Acupuncture treatment along with Alpha-Stim AID Cranial Electrotherapy. In a study at Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Houston, Texas, veterans who experience severe anxiety, insomnia and depression chose Alpha-Stim 3 out of 4 times. These were veterans who were suffering from chronic pain along with mood and sleep disorders. After being shown how to use 5 treatment options, they continued to choose Alpha-Stim 73% of the time. For more information on Alpha-Stim AID treatment and how it can help veterans, please visit the Alpha-Stim AID website at: www.alpha-stim.com.