We provide Chiropractic, Acupuncture, and Massage Therapy when authorized through the VA Community Care Program (formerly the Veterans Choice Program). Veterans must obtain an authorization directly from their VA provider. If you would like to be treated in our office, you must ask for a specific referral to our office when getting an authorization. Our NPI (National Provider Identifier) Number is 1144222019.
Our office is covered under the following VA authorizations:
- Chiropractic Authorization
- Acupuncture Authorization
- Massage Therapy Authorization
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (Physiatry) Authorization
Massage therapy is a covered service under all four authorizations. However, Dr. Brown can order x-ray and MRI imaging only under the Chiropractic and Physiatry authorizations.
Contrary to popular belief, Veterans can be eligible for the Community Care Program regardless of distance or average drive time criteria. Authorizations can be issued when it is the Veteran’s best medical interest, regardless of any other criteria. A Veteran may be referred to a community provider when the Veteran and the referring clinician agree that it is in their best medical interest to see a community provider. Many VA providers are unaware of the actual Eligibility Criteria, Veterans can contact our office for a copy of the Eligibility Criteria for their VA provider.
1. Veteran needs a service not available at a VA medical facility.
2. Veteran lives in a U.S. state/territory without a full-service VA medical facility.
3. Veteran qualifies under the “Grandfather” provision related to distance eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program.
4. VA cannot furnish care within certain designated access standards.
5. It is in the Veteran’s best medical interest. In this situation, a Veteran may be referred to a community provider when the Veteran and the referring clinician agree that it is in their best medical interest to see a community provider.
6. VA service line does not meet certain quality standards.