We provide Chiropractic, Acupuncture, and Massage Therapy when authorized by the VA
through this program. Veterans must obtain an authorization directly from their VA provider. Be sure to ask for a specific referral to our office when getting an authorization. Our NPI Number is 1144222019.
Our office is covered under the following authorizations:
1. Chiropractic Authorization
2. Acupuncture Authorization
3. Pain Management Authorization
1. Veteran needs a service not available at a VA medical facility.
2. Veteran lives in a U.S. state/territory without a full-service VA medical facility.
3. Veteran qualifies under the “Grandfather” provision related to distance eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program.
4. VA cannot furnish care within certain designated access standards.
5. It is in the Veteran’s best medical interest. In this situation, a Veteran may be referred to a community provider when the Veteran and the referring clinician agree that it is in their best medical interest to see a community provider.
PTSD Treatment with Alpha-Stim AID Technology
Veterans suffering from anxiety, insomnia and depression as a result of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) often benefit from Acupuncture treatment along with Alpha-Stim AID Cranial Electrotherapy. In a study at Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Houston, Texas, veterans who experience severe anxiety, insomnia and depression chose Alpha-Stim 3 out of 4 times. These were veterans who were suffering from chronic pain along with mood and sleep disorders. After being shown how to use 5 treatment options, they continued to choose Alpha-Stim 73% of the time. For more information on Alpha-Stim AID treatment and how it can help veterans, please visit the Alpha-Stim AID website at: www.alpha-stim.com.